Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maybe this year.....?

...by Elisabeth Elliott:

Maybe this year will be the year of desire fulfilled. 

Perhaps, on the other hand, it will be the year desire radically transformed, the year of finding, as we have not perhaps truly found, CHRIST to be the ALL-SUFFICIENT ONE, Christ, the "deep, sweet well of Love."

Here is the opportunity offered.  Be patient.  Wait on the Lord for whatever He appoints, wait quietly, wait trustingly.  HE holds every minute of every hour of every day of every month of every year in HIS hands.  Thank Him in advance for what the future holds, for HE is already there.  "Lord, YOU have assigned my portion and my cup."  Psalm 16:5  Shall we not gladly say, "I'll take it, Lord.  YES!  I'll trust You for everything.  Bless the Lord, O my soul."  E.E.

ALL the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  Psalm 139:16 

.....not maybe, Lord, but MAY I trust and rest in Your sovereignty, for it is blanketed like the warmest, coziest blanket on a bitter cold winter night with MERCY, GRACE, PERFECT LOVE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, COMPASSION, FAITHFULNESS and FORGIVENESS, and look to the Author and Finisher of my faith; my Redeemer, my Friend, my Intercessor, my Counselor, my Victor, my ALL in ALL, JESUS, the CHRIST.

Blessed new year to ALL who read this.

2 comments:

  1. God bless you in the new year!! Your faith is strong! In everything, give thanks, GrandmaSoucie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...