Monday, January 26, 2009

I am a human-"be" ing. Most of the people I know are human-"do"-ers.

I know that God made me that way, but in this culture in which we live, it is not looked upon too favorably and I struggle with the embarrassment of it.

For example, I enjoy having very long Quiet Times in the morning.....particularly Saturday. My husband will shout upstairs and ask me what I am doing after a few hours. Although he is very understanding and does not negate that time in any way, I still feel guilty that I am not "up, and doing something."

So, I struggle with that.

My personality dictates a lot of "down-time" between my "do-ings." I don't think God wants us so over-"do"ing that it messes with us physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So, I try not to overbook. Again, in today's society....so hard to do, and for others, sometimes hard to understand.

There is also a fine line, with me, between "be-ing" and crossing over into laziness. So, I have to search myself and make sure I am not using my temperament as an excuse or cope-out. I don't want to displease Him and waste my time and my life ---- I know I've already done way too much of that....living selfishly. I struggle with that everyday.

I'm trying to focus on "more of Him, and less of me," so hopefully, I can be true to Him and to who God has called me to be, and what He has called me to do.....

without feeling guilty about what I think the world wants me to do.

Blessings and love,

Becky

3 comments:

  1. Hello Becky, Nice to see you getting started here. I don't know that there's anyone out there who doesn't have the constant struggle with balance. Most of us struggle more with being too busy, rather than not busy enough. A happy place somewhere in the middle perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky

    This is a constant struggle for me too. I guess it's just a fine line we all walk trying to stay balanced.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...I know this...in so many ways...and having fibromyalgia..wellllll...I have to careful to be real ...on what I am feeling and my limitations..and sometimes to even push...
    this is a great post
    deby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...